Use wood, bamboo, or specialty plastic cutting boards. Glass, granite, marble, porcelain, and other materials can damage the blade.
When you use your knife to transfer food from cutting board to pot do so with the dull side of the knife against your hand.
Use the 6-8 inch blade chef’s knife for foods larger than tomatoes.
Always sharpen blades in the same direction.
Keep your knife blades protected in a knife block or special container.
Knives are one of the most important kitchen tools there are. Buying the best quality that you can afford is just a good investment. Maintaining them properly helps that investment last as long as possible.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Steak Knife
- Kitchen knives
- Basic information of kitchen knives
- Chinese kitchen Knife:
- Chef's knife/chef's knife
- Japanese Style kitchen knife:
- How to choose a Western-style kitch...
- Ceramic Tableware
- Stainless Steel Tableware
- How to make a Christmas cheese platter
- HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY CHE...
- WHAT KINDS OF CHEESE TO SERVE?
- WHAT TO CHOOSE FOR ACCOMPANIMENTS
- How to serve the cheese?
- Choose Cheeses with Different Flavors
- HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN STEAK KNI...
- Carving knives, paring knives, boni...
- STEAK KNIFE SETS
- Shopping Guide for Best Steak Knife...