It doesn't take much to keep your tongs in good working order. During a shift, they should be treated like : wiped down frequently and sanitized as necessary. You don't want greasy tongs — they're more likely to slip out of your hand.
"If you buy a good-quality stainless steel tong, they can be run through a dishwasher with ease," says Horst. Review manufacturers' care instructions carefully, and learn your area's food service regulations to make sure you care for tongs and other cooking utensils appropriately.
Armed with this information, you're ready to select the best tongs to add to your inventory of must-have kitchen utensils.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Steak Knife
- Kitchen knives
- Basic information of kitchen knives
- Chinese kitchen Knife:
- Chef's knife/chef's knife
- Japanese Style kitchen knife:
- How to choose a Western-style kitch...
- Ceramic Tableware
- Stainless Steel Tableware
- Choosing Tongs
- Sharpening Your Knife
- More Tips for Maintaining Kitchen K...
- How to make a Christmas cheese platter
- HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY CHE...
- WHAT KINDS OF CHEESE TO SERVE?
- WHAT TO CHOOSE FOR ACCOMPANIMENTS
- How to serve the cheese?
- Choose Cheeses with Different Flavors
- HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN STEAK KNI...