A pair of tongs is one of the most essential, if not the most essential tools for cooks. Tongs are the most versatile kitchen tool, and can be used for countless purposes, weather mixing, flipping, grilling, stirring, sauteing, lifting…etc. In the commercial kitchen, cooks use tongs at all times. The best tongs for cooking are ones that fit into your hand like a glove and essentially become an extension of your arm.
For home cooks, this may not be the case, but even home cooks should take advantage of all the possibilities kitchen tongs can offer. Anytime you are cooking, no matter what it is, from BBQing meat, to mixing a salad, a pair of tongs should be within arm’s reach at all times.
My recommendation as the best tongs for cooking are the Pinch SPRT-12XH Extra Heavy-Duty Spring Tongs, which I will review in detail later in the post. Before we get there, its important to understand the uses of tongs and which criteria determine a good pair of tongs.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Steak Knife
- Kitchen knives
- Basic information of kitchen knives
- Chinese kitchen Knife:
- Chef's knife/chef's knife
- Japanese Style kitchen knife:
- How to choose a Western-style kitch...
- Ceramic Tableware
- Stainless Steel Tableware
- CREAM AND BUTTER
- Choosing the Right Tongs for Cooking
- Material of Construction
- Length of Tongs
- Best Way To Choose Right Utensils F...
- How to Choose the Best Tongs for Yo...
- Maintaining Tongs
- Choosing Tongs
- Sharpening Your Knife
- More Tips for Maintaining Kitchen K...